Macy

Macy

Sunday, June 12, 2011

I have about 40 minutes before it is time to go feed Macy so I figured I would pop on and update tonight since I will be busy tomorrow.  I have many people to contact tomorrow regarding the appeal to the insurance company.  And I have a lot to put together for it.  Sometimes I am surprised that my brain is still working.  It has been working overtime and it's hard to turn it off.  I really need a vacation from my thoughts.....I wish I could take up meditation, but I am pretty sure I don't have the patience for that.  Anywho...


Macy has her first hand surgery scheduled for July 29th!  That will be nice when that is over.  She has 2 appointments this week.  Feeding therapy and her 9 month well child.  I can't believe 9 months have passed already, and she is getting so big!


I was reading another FAmily's blog the other night (FAmily: Fanconi Anemia family), and something the mom said really resonated with me.  They are starting the phase in the FA disease where their daughter's bone marrow is almost in complete failure.  She is 7 years old, and will need her transplant very soon.  But her mom said that it feels like when she is watching her daughter it is as if she is watching a "living memory".  Like she is taking mental snapshots of these moments and locking them away in a special place in her mind to pull out later when she is going to need them.  I totally get that.  I have been doing that with Macy a lot lately.  I want to hold on to every smile, laugh, giggle, and babble and never forget it.  I want to hold on to the sound of her laugh, the smell of her hair...everything.


So tonight, if you have children; just hold them a little closer.  Give them some extra hugs and kisses!  Tell them how much you love them a couple more times.  Because none of us really know how much time we have.  There are no do-overs...this is it!  We need to enjoy every minute, and laugh a lot more!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment