Macy

Macy

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Heavy Heart

We received word today that another mother has lost her child to this horrible disease.  We do not know this family personally; but the FA community is a pretty close knit, and supportive group of FAmilies.  It is so sad to see another family go through this loss.  After reading their caringbridge page I couldn't help but be in tears.  The mom commented that while they were in the hospital getting his transplant they had seen 30 families lose their children.  It is so heartbreaking, and shows how much the odds are against us all.  Knowing that that is going to be us with Macy someday; and when the time comes praying that she is one of the few lucky one's that survives a little longer just kills me.


I hope that his mom and family can someday find some peace.  But I honestly don't know how a parent can get over something like this.  I know the day will come for us sometime.....but I can't bear to think about it.  It is truly unimaginable what they must be going through right now, and our thoughts and prayers are with them.


with a heavy heart,

No comments:

Post a Comment