Macy

Macy

Monday, March 25, 2013

Macy Hematology Appt 3/25/13

Okay, so for some reason whenever I bring Macy to her HemOnc appointment I always act like a weirdo. I don't know why, maybe it's nerves from waiting to find out her counts so I say a bunch of stupid stuff that doesn't even make sense. I'm not sure. And it's one of those things where you can tell you're coming off as weird, so the more you try to not act weird---the more weird you are. I don't do this at any of her other appointments so I don't know what my problem is. Oh well. So her Dr. probably thinks I'm a kook...I guess that's fine.

Anyways, Macy had a rough visit. She wouldn't let them get a blood pressure or anything. The actual blood draw went well. They were able to get what they needed the first try. But she screamed bloody murder the whole time, and wouldn't even look them in the face. Her poke prize was a Minnie Mouse notepad and markers which she really liked, so that helped while we waited for the results. She was sure glad to get out of there! On a side note, there was a commercial on the other day for the children's hospital and Macy pointed at the TV, shook her head and said "No" and ran out of the room. So guess that's how she feels about it. Haha.

Macy's Stats
Hemoglobin
12.4

Platelets
176,000

White Blood Count
11,600

Absolute Neutrophil Count
1,770

So her numbers look good right now, so that's a relief.

Hopefully I will be pregnant before her next appointment! I will know by April 15!

Take care
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment