Macy

Macy

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

First Ultrasound/Macy sick

It seems like its been pretty crazy since we found out I was pregnant. Macy has been sick on and off for the last month; more than she has been in her entire life up to now. She will get better for 3 days or so then get sick again. The newest is pink eye in both eyes, a sinus infection, and a double ear infection. She has never had any of these before, and I can only assume its because she s going to school now. She started a month ago. I called her teacher this morning and told her she will be out for the next 2 weeks. We want to keep her at home and away from people until she is completely healthy again. And even then I am not sure if we are going to pull her from school, or not. It's hard because its so good for her socially, and she really likes going. But it's definitely not worth her life. I was also thinking of just pulling her until summer time; when this extended cold and flu season seems for be over. They have a lot less kids in the summer too so I don't know; we will see. Adam is also sick right now, he started a Z pak on Monday so hopefully will feel better soon. It's been hard because I've been trying to stay away from both of them so I don't get what they have since I am in the early first trimester.

With that said I had my first ultrasound yesterday. It was originally scheduled for today, but I woke up in the morning with a little bit of red blood on the TP and freaked out. If you've ever had a miscarriage before you know what I am talking about. Red blood=scary and bad things usually. So I emailed my nurse from Chicago, and called our local IVF clinic to move up my ultrasound. I thought for sure it was over and was really upset. My nurse called and doubled up my progesterone. So I am doing 2 shots in the backside a day now. Somehow we got really lucky...whew! Everything looked great in the ultrasound for 5w2d. They expect to see a nice sized gestational sac, and most of the time at this stage a yolk sac. Well, we found out we are having Twins!!!! They saw 2 nice gestational sacs and 2 clearly visible yolk sacs. They also did not see any bleeding in the uterus at all or around the g. sacs. He said it can be common to see some bleeding with twins because your uterus is expanding quicker than with a typical pregnancy and some blood vessels can burst. It can also come from the cervix as well. So everything looked great and he said there is nothing to worry about at this time. My next ultrasound is next Wed. and we should hear heartbeats then!!!! I'm so excited! My due date is December 22. But with twins will be more like beginning of December or even very end of November!

Take care,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. wow....double the blessings! awesome!!! please take extra good care of ALL of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann! We know Macy will be a great big sister! We are excited for two! :)

    ReplyDelete